Thursday, November 17, 2011

Field Trip and Dreams :)

Civil War...

Talk about a topic always somewhat fresh on my mind... for different reasons per se, but close in the forefront none the less.  Even though by definition of the words is quite the Oxy-Moron huh?  Nothing is very "civil" in and during times of war...

Franki was not that impressed as we were walked through what a Civil War Soldier faced, had in their possession to fight with, etc.   Dillon however was... he loves cops, guns, soldiers and soaks up all that information.  Sometimes a bit too much LOL!
He was also engrossed in their form of communication during the war... (Flags waved in particular directions that spelled out the messages,  yea no cel phones or texting then <gasp>)

Those who know me know my "line" in reference to the Civil Rights not having reached a local county near to me, to be unnamed to protect the guilty.  ;)

While the Civil War was the beginning of shall we say Freedom for all, as opposed to Freedom for some, yet when I allow my mind to wander (Ha!) and I look around and feel that we still really, truly do not have Freedom for all...  not when far too many still live oppressed for a multitude of reasons.  

I still feel so strongly that if our Fore Fathers were to see what has become of all they fought for, they would not be happy campers by a long shot.

I have a Dream...  no truer words were ever spoken... I'd like to see the day all the dreams, past, present and future come to fruition.  Since in my opinion this war has been going on for quite some time intricately, incrementally, and at times almost blatantly indiscriminate.

From Lincoln, through to King Jr whose lives were taken for it, not to belittle those who passed before them, or all the soldiers that gave, and continue to give their lives fighting for it... we all have that Dream...  I'd like to think somewhere, at some point in time... my children or my children's children will see it... though most days this may appear to be a bleak inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment