Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy New Year :) (I know you think I'm late...)

I think a New Year can, and should begin at any time we choose, I always did because as a whole I think so many of us get all swept up in the New Year/Resolutions etc... then as soon as its newness wears off... Resolutions not kept etc... the "New" year gets rolled into the year, or this year... until the next "New" Year comes around...per se.  Why do we have to wait 300+ days to mark a New Year...  I choose to make a conscious decision to mark a New Year at the moment in time I am "timestamping" past-done, future-begins.

I say Happy New Year, as this past year I think has been one of the most trying, yet blessed years of my life... not that I always felt as so, and at any given moment could be caught off thinking... what I wouldn't give for a true "do-over"

I apprehensively tip-toed into January... holding my breathe... as the date came closer and closer to the 21st... the swell of emotions were on most days incapacitating.  I couldn't wait for the 21st to pass... then the 27th... silly I suppose as really passing them didn't erase the seemingly irrevocable effect they had on our lives last year.

It seemed to feel like they had to pass in order for it to be "wiped away", and a New Year begin... or such.. so I say HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hold on tight... looking forward to this new year and all it will bring... and glad to be able to put the days that impacted Franki's life so profoundly behind us as you will.... praying that next year January will be just another month w/no trauma attached to just making it through and past the days.

I don't ever wish to move through time again like this... so again I say Happy New Year!!
Welcoming the Freedom to begin again....

No comments:

Post a Comment